Akshay Kumar Wiki, Age, Height, Wife, Girlfriend, Family. Kumar was born in Amritsar, Punjab, India, to Hari Om Bhatia and Aruna Bhatia in a Punjabi family. His father was an army officer. … He lived and grew up in Delhi’s Chandni Chowk and later he moved to Bombay (present-day Mumbai) when his father left Army to become an accountant with UNICEF.
Film: Rustom, Ajnabee, Garam Masala, Deedar, …
Born: 9 September 1967, Amritsar
Founded: Hari Om Entertainment, Grazing Goat …
Sibling: Alka Bhatia
Akshay Kumar was born on 9 September 1967 (age 51; as in 2018) in Amritsar, Punjab, India. He was educated from Don Bosco High School, Mirik, Darjeeling; around the same time, he started learning Karate. Since childhood, Akshay was interested in sports and martial arts. He was raised in Old Delhi and then relocated to Koliwada in Mumbai. Later, he took admission in Guru Nanak Khalsa College (King’s Circle) Mumbai but dropped out of college as he was poor in studies.
He moved to Bangkok and learnt martial arts there. He is a Black Belt in Taekwondo and has also learnt Muay Thai (Thai Boxing). While in Bangkok, Akshay worked as a chef and a waiter. On returning to Mumbai, Akshay worked as a peon for a travel organisation in Kolkata and became an instructor of martial arts. Akshay was suggested to take up modelling by one of his student because of his good looks and dashing personality. He began his career in the glamour world with modelling assignments.
Once successful in modelling, Akshay changed his name from Rajeev Om Bhatia to Akshay Kumar, which was the stage name of an actor opposite to his favorite actress in a movie. He even worked as a background dancer in various films and ultimately stepped into Bollywood making his debut appearance on-screen in 1991 with the movie Saugandh. In 1992. he played the lead in the movie Deedar. Since then, there has been no looking back for him.
|Real Name||Rajiv Hari Om Bhatia|
|Nickname(s)||Akki, Raju, Mac and Khiladi Kumar|
|Profession(s)||Actor and Producer|
Akshay is well-known for his robust personality having 42 inches chest, 34 inches waist, and 16 inches biceps. His height is 5’ 11” and he weighs around 80kgs. He is a fitness enthusiast and follows swimming, kickboxing, and other exercises to remain in shape.
Akshay Kumar Complete Bio & Career
Akshay Kumar was born in Punjab, Amritsar on September 9, 1967. Akshay spent his childhood in Old Delhi. Akshay Kumar was educated in Delhi, and his family moved to Navi Mumbai in the Koliwada area. His education was made from Don Bosco School and although he had his own higher education at Guru Nanak College in Mumbai.
He went to Bangkok to learn martial arts. Akshay Kumar in Bangkok worked as a waiter and chef for his survival. It turned out to be a matter of time when Akshay Kumar went to Bangalore, they had missed his flight, even today he is Akshay Kumar, because of that day. He made his debut in the movie “Saugandh” in 1991.
It is the ‘Khiladi’ thriller of Abbas-Mustan that made Akshay a star personality. He has acted in so many action films such as Khiladi Tu Anari like Möhra, Sabse Bada Khiladi and Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi. He even made romantic movies like Dhadkan and Andaaz. Khiladi became his brand under this label that made movies like ‘Mr. & Mrs Khiladi ‘,’ International Khiladi; And even, Khiladion Ka Khiladi. In 2000, Hera Pheri went out and became a hit movie.
After that, because directors started liking him to sign for comedy films such as Awara Paagal Deewana, Mujhse Shaadi Karogi, Garam Masala, and Phir Hera Pheri. Ek Rishta and Waqt was the dramatic hits to accelerate his career. His Namastey London in 2007 got the hit tag at the box office. In 2009, Kumar received one of the first civilian honours from the Indian government, the Padma Shri, in recognition of his commitment to the Indian artistic lifestyle.
Relationships & More
Family, Girlfriends & Wife
Akshay hails from a Punjabi Hindu Family. His father, Hari Om Bhatia, was a Government employee who served as an Army officer, later, resigned to become an Accountant at UNICEF. Akshay’s father was the companion of late Dara Singh. His mother, Aruna Bhatia, was a homemaker. He has a younger sister, Alka Bhatia
|Favourite Food(s)||Thai Green Chicken Curry, Home Made Punjabi Food, Chinese|
|Favourite Dessert||Indian Sweets|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan, Jackie Chan|
|Favourite Actresses||Sridevi, Kareena Kapoor|
|Favourite Perfume||Cool Waters|
|Cars Collection||Porsche Cayenne,|
|Salary (approx.)||₹25 crore/film|
|Income (between 1 June 2018, and 1 June 2019)||$65 million (Rs. 466 crores) |
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹980 crore|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Bike Collections||Honda XRV 750, Yamaha Vmax and Harley Davidson V-Rod|
|Car Collections||Porsche Cayenne, Rolls Royce Phantom, and Bentley Continental Flying Spur among others|
Photos & Images
Shocking / Interesting Facts & Secrets About Akshay Kumar
- Akshay Kumar’s real name is Rajiv Bhatia.
- He has worked in 8 films with ‘Khiladi’ as its title.
- Before his marriage to Twinkle Khanna, he was in a serious relationship with actress Raveena Tandon and Shilpa Shetty.
- He almost broke his neck and back while lifting WWE wrestler Undertaker in the movie ‘Khiladiyo Ka Khiladi’.
- Akshay Kumar lost a bet to Anupam Kher when the box office collections of their film ‘Special 26’ exceeded expectations. Akshay had to dance on top of a table to fulfill his side of the wager.
- He believes that marrying Twinkle changed his life. Apparently, he married her when he had given 14 flops in a row and marrying her changed his fortune.
- He donated Rs. 25 crore during Coronavirus Outbreak.
- He likes Non-Vegetarian food.
- His favourite dessert is Indian Sweets.
- He admires Amitabh Bachchan and Jackie Chan.
- He is a fan of Sridevi and Kareena Kapoor.
- He loves watching Oscar-winning Italian movie – Life is beautiful.
- He prefers Cool Waters perfume.
- His choice of colour is Black.
- He featured in the role of police officer in 15 movies.
- Akshay Kumar rode a bike worth ₹1 million in the movie, OMG: Oh My God.
- He sang a Punjabi devotional song “Nirgun Raakh Liya” and all the profit that the album made, was donated to the victims of the train bombings of Mumbai.