Kerri Lee Walsh Jennings (born August 15, 1978) is an American professional beach volleyball player, three-time Olympic gold medalist, and a one-time Olympic bronze
|Real Name||Kerri Lee Walsh Jennings|
|Nickname||Six Feet of Sunshine|
|Profession||Beach Volleyball Player|
Physical Stats & More
|Height||in centimeters- 188 cm|
in meters- 1.88 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 2”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 71 kg|
in Pounds- 157 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||32-27-36|
|International Debut||FIVB World Tour (2002)|
|Career Turning Point||Women’s FIVB Beach World Tour Winner (2002)|
Kerri Lee Walsh Jennings is an American professional beach volleyball player, three-time Olympic gold medalist, and a one-time Olympic bronze medalist. She is the beach volleyball career leader in both career victories and career winnings as of 2016, with 133.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kerri Walsh Jenner
- Does Kerri Walsh smoke?: Not Known
- Does Kerri Walsh drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Kerri Walsh won a Gold Medals in the years 2004, 2008 and 2012 Summer Olympics, along with her teammate Misty May-Treanor. They have been called “the greatest beach volleyball team of all time.” They were competitors when they played at school level.
- Kerri Walsh has appeared on the show CSI: Miami along with other volleyball players.
- Walsh is also an RJ for the radio show Sirius Satellite Radio’s Faction 28 Station. It airs once a week on Sunday morning from 9 to 10AM (Eastern Time).
- She posed naked for ESPN’s 2013 “Body Issue”.
- She appeared on the show Shaq Vs. along with her team partner Misty May in 2009.
- Walsh was five weeks pregnant when she was competing in the 2012 Olympics in London and the doctors confirmed that she did not put herself or the baby in any kind of danger.
- Walsh Jennings hosts a weekly, one-hour radio show on Sirius Satellite Radio’s Faction 28 station. It airs every Sunday morning at 9 AM Eastern time.
- She has been outstanding since high school. She was named as the “Gatorade National High School Volleyball Player of the Year” in 1996. She was the first one to receive this award.
- Kerri was painfully shy as a kid and barely spoke anything till the age of five.
- She started playing volleyball indoors first at Stanford and didn’t like volleyball first. She did not take the shift very quickly and swiftly as she struggled for about a year to actually team-up efficiently with Misty May.
- She attended Uni on scholarship and was the All-American champion for four times in a row.
- While she played for her college, her team won 90% of the games with a score of 121-11. Qualified four times for the finals in NCAA and won it twice in 1996 and 1997.
- She has played mostly pairing with Misy May since 2001. They were the number one team in 2002 and won consecutively won 90 matches and won all the eight tournaments in the year 2003. Both the years, they dominated the AVB, FIVB World Tour and the world championships.
- She has won Gold medals in all the Olympics games since 2004.
- After her injury and a hiatus that she took to raise her kids, the chances look a little bleak at the Rio Olympics. Her team mate had taken an off from the game too. They both are back in the sand but are not confident to win a gold.
- She is one of the biggest female sports icon. She earned around $2 million for a year from her salary, sonsorships and endorsements.
- Walsh and Treanor lost only and only one set in their 11 years partnership.
- She has undergone 5 surgeries on her right shoulder and is still looking good in the 2016 Rio Olympics.
- She trains around three hours on the beach for four to five days. She does Pilates and some workout with the weights as well.
- Makes sure she has protein at least twice a day and has everything from the farmer’s marker or organic products.