Kiara Advani is an Indian film actress born to Jagdeep Advani, a businessman, and Genevieve Jaffrey, a teacher.
She has a younger brother, Mishaal. Her father is Sindhi while her mother is of half Muslim and half British descent.
Kiara said that her father, only after watching the 2009 film 3 Idiots, allowed his kids to pursue a career in whatever they were passionate about. She is the great granddaughter of Ashok Kumar and the great grand niece of Saeed Jaffrey. She is also the niece of model Shaheen Jaffrey and actress Juhi Chawla.
Before pursuing a career in film, Advani did a short course in acting at Anupam Kher’s school of acting.
Quick Info→Age: 27 YearsHometown: MumbaiReligion: Sindhi Hindu
|Real Name||Alia Advani|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 165 cm|
in meters– 1.65 m
in feet inches– 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 55 kg|
in pounds– 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-34|
|Eye Colour||Light Brown|
|Hobbies||Snorkeling, Doing Burpees, Zip Lining, Rock Climbing|
|Date of Birth||31 July 1992|
|Age (as in 2020)||28 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Cathedral and John Connon School, Mumbai|
|College/University||Jai Hind College for Mass Communication, Mumbai|
|Caste/Ethnicity||• Sindhi- from her father’s side|
• Scottish, Irish, Portuguese, and Spanish- from her mother’s side
Kiara Advani was born on 31 July 1992 (age 26, as in 2018) in Mumbai, India
She did her schooling from the Cathedral and John Connon School, Mumbai and pursued her graduation from Jai Hind College for Mass Communication, Mumbai. Her Zodiac/Sun Sign is Leo. She was born as Alia Advani but changed her name to Kiara before her debut in Bollywood. She wanted to be an actor since she was 2. She was good at studies and scored 92% in Class 12. After graduation, she did short term acting courses with Anupam Kher and Roshan Taneja.
|Favourite Food||Tacos, Seaweed Salad, Cupcakes, Sushi|
|Favourite Fashion Designer||Manish Malhotra|
|Favourite Actress||Grace Kelly, Sridevi|
|Favourite Actor||Salman Khan|
|Favourite Travel Destination||New York City|
|Favourite Cafe||Caffe Habitu, Hong Kong|
|Favourite Book||Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham|
|Favourite Athlete||Usain Bolt|
|Favourite Hotel||The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai|
Photos & Images
Family, Caste & Husband
She got her first acting break in Kabir Sadanand’s comedy-drama film “Fugly ” that came in the year 2014. Though the film got mixed reviews, she got positive reviews for her performance and was praised as a versatile actor.
She appeared in the biopic of the Indian Cricketer . The Untold Story” as her wife, Sakshi Dhoni. The film was a huge commercial success.
Zee Cine Awards Telugu for Best Find Of The Year for the movie Bharat Ane Nenu (2019)
- Fashion Designer: Manish Malhotra
- Actress: Grace Kelly, Sridevi
- Actors: Salman Khan
- Cricketers: Sachin Tendulkar, M.S. Dhoni
- Beverage: Coffee
- Cafe: Caffe Habitu, Hong Kong
- Hotel: The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai
- Book: ‘Not That Kind Of Girl’ by Lena Dunham
- Athlete: Usain Bolt
- Colour: White
- Travel Destination: New York City
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kiara Advani
- She loves to watch American TV serials.
- Salman Khan was a childhood friend of Kiara’s mom, Genevieve Jaffrey, as they grew up together in Bandra.
- The noted veteran actors, Ashok Kumar and Saeed Jaffrey are her step-great-grandfather and great-uncle, respectively.
- Kiara was always passionate about acting since her childhood. She had developed a good dressing sense even at a very tender age
- Her father decided to let their children do what they were passionate about after watching the 2009 Bollywood film, 3 Idiots.
- Although she always travels in chauffeur-driven cars; to enjoy the life of a local, she once hopped into a local train. It was also the last train she ever took in her life.
- She and her brother would often fight in childhood. Her mother had to bribe them both so that they do not fight.
- She was miss attention seeker from her childhood. She never even wanted the camera off her face, when her mother used to take photographs of them.
- She changed her name from ‘Alia to Kiara,’ when she made her Bollywood debut in 2014. Talking about her change of her name, she says-
Aaliya is my first name. Salman Khan suggested me to change it because of Alia Bhatt because there can’t be two actresses with the same name in Bollywood. He suggested the change, but Kiara is the name that I chose. Now even my parents have started to call me Kiara.”Adding, as to how she changed it, she says,Kiara’ was choosen by me. We were brainstorming with lots of names and I remembered watching Anjaana Anjaani, and the way Priyanka Chopra introduces her character: ‘Hi, I am Kiara.’ I loved the way she said it. I had loved it so much that I thought if I ever have a daughter, I would name her Kiara. So when I wanted a name, I used it for myself.”
- People often assume that she might have got an easy entry in Bollywood, owing to her family relation with Salman Khan. Kiara says,
It was not easy. My mother told me that I must work hard; if I sit at home, no one will come home to say they have a script for me.”
- She is a fitness freak and goes to the gym regularly.