Lisa Ray is a Canadian-Indian actress, model, writer, and social activist. She has worked in several Indian and international films.
Lisa Ray was born as ‘Lisa Rani Ray’ on 4 April 1972 (age 48 years; as in 2020) in Toronto, Canada. Her Zodiac sign is Aries.
She spent some of her time in Kolkata, during her childhood. She did her schooling from Etobicoke Collegiate Institute in Toronto, Canada, Richview Collegiate Institute in Toronto, Canada and Silverthorn Collegiate Institute, Toronto, Canada. She came to India as a model but returned to Canada to study journalism. Unfortunately, her mother met with an accident, which made it difficult for her to pursue journalism. She went on to study in ‘Central School of Speech and Drama, London,’ ‘London Centre for Theatre Studies,’ ‘Desmond Jones School of Physical Theatre,’ and ‘British American Drama Academy (BADA).’ She got her post-graduate degree in acting from the Academy of Live and Recorded Arts (ALRA).
|Full Name||Lisa Rani Ray|
Physical Stats &Personal Life
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm|
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet Inches- 5′ 6″
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 57 Kg|
in Pounds- 126 lbs
|Eye Colour||Hazel Green|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||4 April 1972|
|Age (as in 2020)||48Years|
|Birth Place||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|Hometown||Etobicoke, Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|School||Etobicoke Collegiate Institute, Islington, Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
Richview Collegiate Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Silverthorn Collegiate Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|College||Central School of Speech and Drama, London|
London Centre for Theatre Studies, London
Desmond Jones school of Physical Theatre, London
Academy of Live and Recorded Arts (ALRA), London
|Educational Qualification||Post Graduate degree in Acting from the Academy of Live and Recorded Arts (ALRA) in 2004|
|Debut||Model : appeared in an advertisement for Bombay Dyeing in the 1990s|
n 2002, voted Star of the Future at the Toronto International Film Festival.
• Awarded Best Actresses for Water by the Vancouver Critics Circle.
• In 2009, Hello magazine named her one of Canada’s 50 Most Beautiful Stars.
• In 2011, honored with a Special Achievement Award at Miss India-Canada.
• In 2013, awarded the prestigious ‘Diamond Jubilee Medal.’
• In 2013, won Anokhi Prestige award for the film Water.
• In 2015, honored with the Medscape award for Most Inspirational Fighter.
Family, Caste & Husband
Lisa Ray’s father, L. K. Dutta is a Bengali and her mother, Jennifer Dutta is a Polish.
- Lisa was once rumoured to be in a relationship with Sanjay Dutt. She was so fed up of the rumour that she left India and ran off to Canada.
- She was on highlights again when the movie “Dus (2005)” came. There was a rumour that she had dropped out of the film because her boyfriend had beaten her black and blue. She made no comments on the rumours. Years later, she talked about her experience and said that she was young and inexperienced back then to speak anything for herself. She would never tolerate physical abuse.
- Colour: Yellow
- Food: Pecan Pie, Bumbleberry Pie, Pizza, California roll, Knafeh
- Beverages: Smoothies, Juices
- Directors: Federico Fellini, Satyajit Ray
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lisa Ray
- Does Lisa Ray smoke?: Not Known
- Does Lisa Ray drink alcohol?: Not Known
- She was born to a Polish mother and Hindu Bengali father in Toronto, Canada.
- She was very close to her maternal grandmother and used to speak Polish with her.
- She was very friendly with her father and used to watch movies of Satyajit Ray and Federico Fellini.
- She also spent some of her childhood time in Calcutta (now Kolkata).
- She was excellent in her studies and completed 5 years of high school in 4 years.
- She first came to public attention in the 1990s when she appeared in the Bombay Dyeing advertisement opposite Karan Kapoor.
- isa’s ancestral home is in Shyambazar, West Bengal.
- She was very close to her maternal grandmother and used to speak polish with her.
- She was so good at academics that she completed five years of high school in fours years.
- According to the poll conducted by Times Of India, she was named, “ninth most beautiful woman of the millennium.”
- Divya Dutta dubbed her voice in the film Kasoor.
- When her mother died in 2008, she returned to Toronto.
- Lisa attended the Toronto International Film Festival to support her work in ‘Cooking with Stella (2009).’ It was in this event that she revealed that she was suffering from multiple myeloma (a type of cancer).