Madhuri Shankar Dixit on 15 May 1967 (age 54 as in 2021) in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Her zodiac sign is Taurus. She is popularly called as Dhak-Dhak Girl. She got this name after the song Dhak Dhak Karne Laga from the film Beta released. She is also known as the Queen of Expressions. At the age of just 3, she started learning Kathak dance and is now a professional Kathak dancer. She joined the entertainment industry at a very young age and achieved huge success within a few years of her career beginning. In 2008, she was honoured with the Padma Shri by the Government of India.
|Full Name||Madhuri Shankar Dixit|
|Nickname(s)||Bubbly, Dhak-Dhak Girl|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 163 cm|
in meters- 1.63 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 56 kg|
in Pounds- 123 lbs
|Date of Birth||15 May 1967|
|Age (as in 2021)||54 Years|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
She did her schooling at Divine Child High School, Mumbai. After schooling, she was enrolled in Parle College, Mumbai for further studies, i.e. B.Sc. in Micro-Biology, but, she dropped out of college to work as a full-time actress. She then started her acting career in 1984 by playing the lead role of Gauri in the Bollywood film Abodh. She received her first Filmfare Award for Best Actress in 1990 for the film Dil, in which she played the lead role of Madhu Mehra, opposite Aamir Khan. She also cast in a TV show in 1984, but the show did not go on air because it was considered not good enough. Apart from that, she did numerous hit films like Tezaab (1988), Ram Lakhan (1989), Saajan (1991), Beta (1992), Khalnayak (1993), Hum Aapke Hain Koun..! (1994), Raja (1995), Dil To Pagal Hai (1997), etc.
|Favourite Food||Kande Pohe, Zunka Bhakar, Modak|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Balraj Sahani, Gregory Peck|
|Favourite Actresses||Nargis, Madhubala, Meryl Streep, Ingrid Bergman|
|Favourite Film(s)||Bollywood: Garam Hawa, Ganga Jamuna, Sholay, Padosan, Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi|
Hollywood: Roman Holiday, Gone With The Wind, All About Eve
|Favourite Dancer(s)||Hema Malini, Helen, Birju Maharaj, Gene Kelly|
|Favourite Book||A Quiver Full of Arrows by Jeffrey Archer|
|Favourite Perfume(s)||Nina Ricci, Issey Miyake|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Anil Kapoor (Actor, rumour)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Madhuri Dixit
- Does Madhuri Dixit smoke? : No
- Does Madhuri Dixit drink alcohol? : No
- Madhuri was born to a middle-class Marathi-Brahmin family.
- She started learning dance at the age of 3 and received many awards for her Kathak dance in her younger days.She is a trained Kathak dancer.
- She never smokes nor drinks alcohol.
- Once during the Kargil war in Indo-Pak border, the soldiers of Pakistan taunted Captain Batra by saying “If India handovers Bollywood actress Madhuri Dixit to them, they will leave the place forever.” After which, Captain Batra replied “Madhuri ji to busy hain, main aa jata hun.”
- She had a huge crush on a cricketer, Sunil Gavaskar.
- M. F. Hussain, a renowned painter, called her the most beautiful woman on earth and even a film Gaja Gamini (2000), in which she was acted opposite Shah Rukh Khan was made as a tribute to her.
- She wore a Ghaghra weighed 30 kg in the song Kahe Ched Ched Mohe for the film Devdas (2002).
- She is a pure vegetarian, and her favourite dishes are Kande Pohe, Modak, and Zunka Bhakar.
- Gregory Peck and Balraj Sahani are her favourite actors, and Madhubala, Nargis, Ingrid Bergman, and Meryl Streep are her favourite actresses.
- She likes to watch the dance of Hema Malini, Birju Maharaj, Helen, and Gene Kelly.
- She likes to read during her free time, and one of her favourite books is A Quiver Full of Arrows by Jeffrey Archer.
- Her favourite colour is Orange.
- She loves to spend her holidays in the Maldives.