Manila Pradhan (born in 1995) is a famous Indian fashion model from Namchi, South Sikkim, India. She becomes famous in the eyes of the public after participating in the reality TV show named “MTV Supermodel”. She participated in the show in December 2019. Moreover, she started her modeling career at a very early age.
On 15 March 2020, Manila Pradhan won the trophy of the reality TV show “MTV Supermodel of the year”. She went to the finale with her competitors Priya Singh and Drisha More. She won the hearts of the judges and audience with her excellent modeling skills and style and became the winner of the supermodel 2020.
Manila Pradhan was born in 1995 (age 24 years; as in 2019) in Namchi, South Sikkim. She was inclined towards modelling and acting from a very young age and always wanted to make a name in the entertainment industry. Manila did her graduation in Pharmacy from Sikkim’s Himalayan Pharmacy Institute. After completing her graduation, she moved to Mumbai to pursue a course in acting and theatre.
Physical Stats & More
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 168 cm|
in meters– 1.68 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 6”
|Date of Birth||Year 1995|
|Age (as in 2020)||25 Years|
|Birthplace||Namchi, South Sikkim, India|
|Hometown||Namchi, South Sikkim, India|
|College/University||Himalayan Pharmacy Institute, Sikkim|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate in Pharmacy|
|Food||Burger, Pizza, Chicken Wings|
|School||Local High School.|
|Alma Mater||Himalayan Pharmacy Institute, Sikkim.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Manila Pradhan
- Manila Pradhan was born into a middle-class family in Namchi, South Sikkim.
- Manila developed a great interest in acting and modelling from a very young age. She desired to make a name of herself in the entertainment industry since childhood.
- She wanted to pursue her graduation in fashion designing. However, she did her graduation in Pharmacy; as her parents had asked her to do so.
- After completing her graduation, Manila did a course in acting and theatre from Mumbai.
- In 2019, Manila auditioned for the modelling reality show “MTV Supermodel of the Year.” She gave the audition thrice and finally received the selection call from the makers of the show.
- Although Manila lacked modelling experience unlike her co-contestants, she managed to impress the judges of the show with her stylish looks and confident walk.
- When she got the confirmation call from “MTV Supermodel of the Year,” she got very excited and reached the venue of the shoot eight and a half hours before the shoot started.
- Initially, her parents were not happy with her decision of becoming a model. During an interview, Manila said,
- Manila earlier applied for Femina Miss India Northeast, but she got rejected from the pageant; because of her short height.
- Manila wanted to pursue fashion designing, but she graduated in Pharmacy; as her parents asked her to do so.
- Initially, her parents were against her decision to pursue modelling as her career. It took her around a year and a half to convince them and get their support. She said,
- When Manila got the confirmation call from “MTV Supermodel of the Year,” she got so excited that she reached the location of shooting eight and a half hours before the shoot began.
- During the auditions of “MTV Supermodel of the Year,” Manila shared that she had faced several rejections in her life. Once, even one of her extended family members said it in front of her parents that she would achieve nothing in her life. That thing really hit her hard and motivated her to pursue her dream and prove herself.
- In addition to modelling, Manila also has a deep interest in theatre, and she wants to learn more about it.