Mark Wood is one of the promising England fast bowlers who can bowl as quick as 150kph. With 50+ appearance for England so far, he has become one of the regular members of England’s limited-over setups.
|Full Name||Mark Andrew Wood|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 182 cm|
in meters– 1.82 m
in feet inches– 6’ 0”
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||ODI– 8 May 2015, Ireland v England at Dublin (Malahide)|
Test– 21-25 May 2015, England v New Zealand at Lord’s, England
T20– 23 June 2015, England v New Zealand at Manchester
|Jersey Number||#33 (England)|
|Domestic/State Team||England, Durham, Northumberland Under-15s, Durham Academy, England Lions, Northumberland Under-13s, Durham 2nd XI, Northumberland Under-17s, England XI, Northumberland|
|Records (main ones)||Took 19 wickets at the average of 21.63 in five first-class matches|
|Career Turning Point||In August 2012, he took 5 wickets for 78 runs against Nottinghamshire at Trent Bridge.|
|Date of Birth||11 January 1990|
|Age (as in 2021)||32 Years|
|Birthplace||Ashington, Northumberland, England|
|School||Ashington High School|
|Educational Qualifications||High School|
|Family||Father– Derek Wood|
Mother– Name not known
|Address||Ashington, United Kingdom|
|Hobbies||Dancing, listening music|
|Favourite Cricket Ground||Trent Bridge at West Bridgford, England|
|Favourite Games||Squash, football, badminton, rugby, golf|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Marriage Date||30 December 2018|
|Salary (approx.)||Retainer Fees: Rs. 63 crores (£700,000)|
Test Fees: Rs. 13 Lakh (£15,000)
ODI Fees: Rs. 6 Lakh (£7,500)
T20 Fees: Rs. 3 Lakh (£3,500)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mark Wood
Does Mark Wood drink alcohol?: Yes
- At the age of 10, he wanted to become a footballer.
- He is a right-hand batsman and a fast bowler who can bowl around 90 mph speed.
- His uncle Neil Wood is also a cricketer who has represented Northumberland’s team.
- His highest score in tests is 219 at an average of 16.84 and he has taken 26 test wickets at an average of 40.65 till now.
- His total ODI wickets are 25 on 1225 balls at an average of 44.16.
- From 3-5 April 2011, he made his first-class debut (Durham MCCU v Durham) at Durham.
- On 1 May 2011, he made his List A debut (Durham v Northamptonshire) at Chester-le-Street.
- He has been suffering from side pain and ankle injuries for many years.
- According to Williamson, he can bowl at the pace of 10-meter run-up, which is rarely seen in the world.
- In an interview, he revealed that Kane Williamson and Steve Smith are the toughest batsmen that he ever played against.
- He loves boxing and his favourite player is Conor McGregor (Irish mixed martial artist and boxer).
- He was picked up by Chennai Super Kings for Rs. 1.5 crores to play in the 2018 IPL season.