Mitchell Aaron Starc (born 30 January 1990) is an Australian international cricketer who plays for the Australian national team and New South Wales in domestic cricket. He is a left-arm fast bowler and a capable lower order left-handed batsman. He was a prominent member of the victorious Australian squad that won the 2015 Cricket World Cup and was declared Player of the Tournament as a result of his consistent performances. With 49 World Cup wickets, he is the joint 5th highest wicket taker in tournament’s history
|Full Name||Mitchell Aaron Starc|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 196 cm|
in meters- 1.96 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 5”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 92 kg|
in Pounds- 203 lbs
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 42 Inches|
– Waist: 34 Inches
– Biceps: 14 Inches
|International Debut||Test– 1 December 2011 New Zealand in Brisbane|
ODI– 20 October 2010 vs India in Visakhapatnam
T20– 7 September 2012 vs Pakistan in Dubai
#56(IPL, County Cricket)
|Domestic/State Team||Australia, Australia A, Australia Under-19s, New South Wales, New South Wales Second XI, New South Wales Under-17s, New South Wales Under-19s, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Sydney Sixers, Western Suburbs, Yorkshire|
|Nature on field||Very aggressive|
|Likes to play against||India and England|
|Favourite Ball||Reverse swing|
|Records (main ones)||• Player of the Tournament in the 2015 World Cup for his 22 wickets at an average of 10.1.|
• One of the rarest bowler to bowl 160+ km/hr delivery (160.4 km/hr), others were Shoaib Akhtar, Shaun Tait and Brett Lee.
• 2nd fastest test half-century (32 balls) by an Australian, which he scored against South Africa in 2012.
• 1st tailender to have survived 100 balls in both Test innings in the 2013 Border-Gavaskar Trophy.
|Career Turning Point||Performance in the 2009-10 season for New South Wales.|
|Favourite Cricketer||Batsman: Adam Gilchrist|
Bowler: Glenn McGrath
|Favourite Food||Chocolate and ice-cream|
|Favourite Actress||Emma Thompson|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Alyssa Healy (Cricketer)|
|Wife||Alyssa Healy (Cricketer)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mitchell Starc
- Does Mitchell Starc smoke?: No
- Does Mitchell Starc drink alcohol?: Yes
- Starc started bowling at the age of 15 as before that he used to do wicket-keeping.
- His ancestors belonged to Czech Republic.
- His brother Brandon is a high jumper.
- During a Test match in 2015 against New Zealand, he bowled a delivery that was clocked at 160.4 km/hr (99.7 mph).
- He is a decent lower order batsman and even scored 99 runs in a Test match against India in 2013.
- His wife Alyssa Healy is a wicket-keeper batsman in Australian women team and is the niece of former Australian cricketer Ian Healy.
- He is the first bowler to bowl a pink ball in the first ever day-night test match against New Zealand in 2015.
- He used to idolize Adam Gilchrist when he was a young cricketer.
- In IPL 2014, he had a spat with Kieron Pollard.
In the 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup, he became the highest wicket taker by taking 27 wickets in the course of the tournament.