Pooja Batra was born on 27 October 1976 (age 44 years; as in 2020) in Faizabad, Uttar Pradesh. She completed her graduation in Economics from Fergusson College, Pune and MBA in Marketing from Symbiosis International University, Pune. When she was in school, she was active in athletics.Pooja Batra is an Indian model, actress, entrepreneur, host, producer, and RJ. She rose to fame after she won the Femina Miss India International in the year 1993. Batra was also among the semi-finalists in 1993 Miss International. After completing her education, she forayed into the Bollywood industry and acted in many movies.
She used to participate in 200 and 400-meter sprint races. Pooja had represented her school in athletics at various national level races. Her mother was one of the top five Miss India participants in 1971, which encouraged her to go ahead in the same line. Therefore, inspired by her mother, she participated in Femina Miss in 1993. Pooja Batra was crowned Femina Miss India International; also, she was one of the semi-finalists at the Miss International beauty contest. After completing her education, she entered the Bollywood industry.
|Profession||Model, Actress, Host, Producer, Entrepreneur, RJ|
|Famous For||Winning Femina Miss India International 1993|
Physical Stats & More
- Height (Approx.): 5′ 9″
- Weight (Approx.): 65 kg
- Figure Measurement (Approx.): 34-28-34
- Eye Colour: Brown
- Hair Colour: Brown (Dyed)
Family, Caste & Husband
Pooja Batra was born into a Hindu Khatri Family to Ravi Batra, army personnel, and Neelam Batra, cosmetologist. She has two brothers. She was born into a family with an army background; and so, she attended twelve different schools in twelve years. As a child, she was a spoiled brat. Although she was born in Faizabad, she traces her roots back to Ludhiana, Punjab.
In 2002, Batra tied the knot with Los-Angeles based orthopaedic surgeon, Dr Sonu S Ahluwalia. The duo, however, parted ways and Pooja filed for a divorce in 2011.
|Date of Birth||27 October 1976|
|Age (as in 2020)||44 Years|
|Birthplace||Faizabad, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|College/University||• Fergusson College, Pune|
• Symbiosis International University, Pune
|Educational Qualification||• Degree in Economics|
• MBA in Marketing
|Hobbies||Horse-Riding, Swimming, Travelling|
|Favourite Food||Pizza, Spaghetti, Pav Bhaji|
|Favourite Actor||Salman Khan, Anupam Kher|
|Favourite Drink||Red Wine|
|Favourite Restaurant||Astrid & Gaston, Peru|
|Favourite Book||The Exiles by Ghalib Shiraz Dhalla|
|Bike Collection||Harley Davidson Sportster 48|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Pooja Batra
- Does Pooja Batra smoke?: Not Known
- Does Pooja Batra drink alcohol?: Yes
- Pooja was born in a family with an army background. In an interview, she revealed that as a child, she was a spoiled brat. Since her father was a colonel in the army, she had been to twelve different schools in twelve years. Her mother was one of the top five Miss India participants in the year 1971. Her mother’s participation in the beauty contest inspired Pooja to do the same.
- She was one of the top models in India in the ’90s. She has walked the ramp in nearly 300 fashion shows.
- Many directors found it quite difficult to cast a hero opposite her because of her height.
- Pooja Batra is quite actively involved in philanthropy. She donates money to orphanages and institutes providing free education to underprivileged students.
- Her hobbies include horse-riding, swimming, and travelling.
- Pooja does yoga regularly.
- When she was in school, Batra was an athlete; she used to participate in the 200 and 400-meter sprints. She had represented her school at the national level in the 400 metres race.
- She started her modelling career at quite a young age. She used to work as a part-time model and fund her education. She got a break when she appeared in the television commercial for Liril soap.