Major teams: Punjab Under-19s, Pakistan Under-19s, Lahore Region Blues Under 19s, Central Punjab Under-19s, Lahore North Zone Whites Under-19s, Central Punjab, Lahore Under-16s, Karachi Kings, Lahore North Zone Blues Under-19s
Full Name: Qasim Akram
Born: 01 Dec 2002 Lahore
Current age: 54 years (2021)
Batting style: Right handed
Bowling style: Right Arm Off Break Spin
Qasim Akram Education
Qualification: High School Graduated
Qasim Akram Gallery
Qasim Akram Career
Salary: Under Review
Net Worth: USD $100K approx
Family & Relatives
Father: Not Known
Mother: Not Known
Brother(s): Not Known
Sister(s): Not Known
Marital Status: Single
Wife/Girlfriend: Not Known
Qasim Akram Favorites
Hobbies: Internet Surfing
Favorite Destination: Islamabad
Favorite Color: Black, Blue
|Real Name||Wasim Akram|
|Nickname||Waiz and Sultan of Swing|
|Profession||Former Pakistani Cricketer (Fast Bowler) and Coach|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 188 cm|
in meters- 1.88 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 2”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 85 kg|
in Pounds- 194 lbs
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 44 Inches|
– Waist: 35 Inches
– Biceps: 13.5 Inches
|International Debut||Test– 25 January 1985 vs New Zealand in Auckland|
ODI– 23 November 1984 vs New Zealand in Faisalabad
|Coach/Mentor||Javed Miandad and Imran Khan|
|Domestic/State Team||Pakistan, Hampshire, Lahore, Lancashire|
|Nature on field||Aggressive|
|Likes to play against||India|
|Favourite Ball||Reverse swing|
|Records (main ones)||• He took 4 hat-tricks in his international cricket career, 2 in Tests and 2 in ODIs. |
• He holds the record of taking the most wickets in World Cup (55 in 38 matches).
• He was the first bowler to take 500 ODI wickets.
• He is the 9 highest wicket-taker in Test matches with 414 wickets, most by any left-arm bowler.
• He holds the record for the highest score by a No. 8 batsman, as he scored 257 not out against Zimbabwe in 1996.
|Career Turning Point||His debut First-Class match for the Board of Control for Cricket in Pakistan Patrons XI against New Zealand at Rawalpindi in 1984.|
Some lesser known facts about Wasim Akram
- Does Wasim Akram smoke?: No
- Does Wasim Akram drink alcohol?: Yes
- Akram was initially spotted by Javed Miandad after which he debuted for Pakistan in a 1984-85 series.
- In his debut First-Class match for the Board of Control for Cricket in Pakistan Patrons XI against New Zealand at Rawalpindi in 1984, he took 7 wickets and later earned a trip to New Zealand.
- He suffered from diabetes since he was 30 years old.
- On his first tour, he asked Miandad about the money required to travel, as he didn’t knew that instead he will get paid.
- He retired from international cricket after the 2003 World Cup.
- He has never played an international T20 match, but played 5 county T20 matches for Hampshire and took a total of 8 wickets for them.
- He won 17 Man of the Match awards in his career.
- Once his father, Chaudhry Mohammad Akram was kidnapped, was beaten for a day and later released him.
- Wasim and Waqar Younis were rearguard as one of the most deadly bowling pairs, but off the field they had a great rivalry and used to hate each other.
- His first wife Huma, died in 2009 in Chennai due to multiple organ failure. After which, he married Shaniera Thompson from Australia in a private ceremony on 12 August 2013.
- He is 17 years older than Shaniera.
- He works a lot for charity and has a foundation called The Akram Foundation.
- In 2016, the couple appeared on The Kapil Sharma Show in India.