Raveena Tandon is an Indian actress, producer, television personality, and a former model who primarily works in Bollywood. She has played varieties of roles in different genres of films, establishing herself as one of the most popular Bollywood actresses. She is popularly known as the “Mast Mast Girl.”
Raveena Tandon Thadani was born on 26 October 1974 (age 44 years; as in 2018) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Scorpio
She did her schooling from Mumbai’s Jamnabai Narsee School and went to Mithibai College to pursue her Bachelors in Arts. She had to drop out her college after 2 years due to her increasing popularity as a Bollywood actress. As a child, she wanted to be an IPS officer or a Pilot. Tandon never thought of becoming an actress. However, when she was in the middle of her internship at Genesis PR, she received a call from Shantanu Sheorey’s office saying that they wanted to shoot her for an advertisement. At the age of 15, she was offered an advertisement for Sunsilk which was her first project.
|Nickname(s)||Ravs, Mast Mast Girl|
|Profession||Actress, Producer, Television Personality, Former Model|
Physical Stats & More
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 168 cm|
in meters– 1.68 m
in feet inches– 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 60 kg|
in pounds– 132 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-34|
|Date of Birth||26 October 1974|
|Age (as in 2020)||45 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai|
|College/University||Mithibai College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||B.A. dropout|
|Address||Nippon Society, Tandon House, Juhu Church, Mumbai|
|Tattoo(s)||On The Back Of The Shoulder: Her kids Kundli names “Vardhan” and “Vishakha”|
Below Her Neck: Scorpion Crawling Up
|Controversies||• When Raveena tweeted in support of the #MeToo movement, her tweets were linked to her past relationship with Akshay Kumar by the Twitterati’s. However, later, Tandon bashed them saying that her tweets were not because of her past relationship but to support the women in the industry.|
• In 2015, she sued the matrimonial sites such as Shaadi.com and Shaaditimes.com for using her pictures for their promotion without her permission.
• During the 2018 farmers strikes in various states, Raveena tweeted that anyone who destroys the public properties should be instantly arrested. The actress was trolled for her insensitivity after her tweets. Soon after that, Tandon deleted her previous tweet and mentioned that she was targeting antisocials and not the farmers and even blamed the media
• In 2018, Tandon landed into controversy after shooting for a commercial in Lingaraj Temple’s ‘No Camera Zone.’ An FIR was filed against her by the temple authorities after a clip featuring Raveena giving beauty tips at the Lingaraj Temple in Odisha’s capital city of Bhubaneswar went viral over the
Family, Caste & Husband
Raveena Tandon belongs to a Hindu Family. Her father, Ravi Tandon, is a producer. Her mother’s name is Veena Tandon.
She then came into a relationship with Akshay Kumar and the couple got engaged in 1994. The duo called off their engagement 3 years after their engagement because Raveena was unhappy with Akshay’s Casanova image and with his linkup rumours with Rekha.
- Awadh Samman by the Government of Uttar Pradesh (2002)
- National Film Award for Best Actress for the film “Daman: A Victim of Marital Violence” (2002)
- Lux New Face of the Year for the film “Patthar Ke Phool” (1993)
- Special Performance Award for the film “Aks” (2002)
Net Worth & Salary
Raveena’s net worth is expected to be $7 million. She receives a fee of Rs. 1-2 crore per film
|Favourite Food||Dhokla, Tandoori Paneer, Tandoori Chicken|
|Favourite Actors||Sanjay Dutt, Govinda, Rishi Kapoor, Jackie Shroff|
|Favourite Actress||Neetu Singh|
|Favourite Films||Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi (1958), Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro (1983), Padosan (1968)|
|Favourite Perfume||Angel by Thierry Mugler|
|Favourite Holiday Destination||Switzerland|
|Favourite Watch Brand||Audemars Piguet|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Raveena Tandon
- Does Raveena Tandon smoke?: No
- Does Raveena Tandon drink alcohol?: Yes
- Raveena Tandon was born to Ravi Tandon and Veena Tandon in Mumbai.
- She refused to do movies like “Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998),” “Dil To Pagal Hai (1997),” and “Gupt (1997),” because of her 2-year break from acting.
- Tandon was the chairperson of Children’s Film Society of India from 2003 to 2004. In 2005, she resigned from her post citing personal reasons.
- Apart from being an actor and producer, Raveena is a columnist also.
- Her name, Raveena, is an outcome of the combination of her father’s name Ravi and her mother’s name, Veena Tandon.
- She resides at Nippon Society, Tandon House, Juhu Church, Mumbai.
- In 2017, Raveen featured in the film “Shab” in which she romanced a 13 year younger actor to her. The film had so many bold scenes that the censor board stopped the release of the film on the television.
- Tandon considers her parents as her role models.
- According to some sources, Raveena Tandon did not charge anything for doing the film “Bombay Velvet.”
- Raveena has got inked a scorpion just below her neck and her kids’ Rasha and Ranbir’s Kundli names “Vardhan” and “Vishakha” on the back of her shoulder.