Sejal Kumar was born on Sunday, 1 January 1995 (age 26 years; as in 2021) in New Delhi. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn.
She did her schooling from New Delhi’s The Mother’s International School and went to Shri Ram College of Commerce to pursue her graduation in Economics. She was good at studies since childhood. Sejal was a basketball player in high school. She was also good at dance in her college days and remained a professional dancer with “Danceworx” for 2 years. During her college days, she participated in various extracurricular activities, including street plays. She was always interested in performing arts and gave several acting auditions but failed. When Sejal was 20 years old, she came across 18-year-old Bethany Mota’s fashion lifestyle videos and got impressed by it. While she was in the final year of college, she too started creating YouTube videos, editing them, and uploading them on her channel. However, at that time, she was not sure about being a full-time YouTuber. Slowly, her content started attracting audience and at that time, Kumar chose to become a full-time YouTuber and decided to forgo her college placements
|Nickname(s)||Joy, Mani, Bhondee, Bittoo|
|Profession(s)||Actress, Fashion Blogger, YouTuber|
- Cuisines: Mexican, Chinese
- Juice: Tomato Juice
- Personalities: Ellen Degeneres, Michelle Phan
- Actors: Shahrukh Khan, Ranveer Singh
- Actresses: Lara Dutta, Alia Bhatt
- Films: Dil Chahta Hai (2001), Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (2011), Rang De Basnti (2006)
- Songs: Kala Chashma by Neha Kakkar, Janam Janam By Arijit Singh, Closer by The Chainsmokers
- Book: Harry Potter Series
- Musician: Justin Bieber
- TV Show(s): One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl
- YouTubers: SabsBeauty, Sherry, Bethany Mota, Sierra Furtado, Zoella, LaurDIY, Brad & Hailey Devine, Desi Perkins
- Colours: Pink, Black
- Sports: Hiking, Basketball
- Perfume: DKNY Pure
- Fashion Icons: Gigi Hadid, Kendell Jenner
- Destination: Santorini
- Restaurants: Burma Burma in Gurgaon
Physical Stats & More
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 170 cm|
in meters– 1.70 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 7”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||1 January 1995 (Sunday)|
|Age (as in 2021)||26 Years|
|Birthplace||New Delhi, India|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|School||The Mother’s International School, New Delhi|
|College/University||Shri Ram College of Commerce, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate in Economics|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Singing, Playing Ukulele|
|Tattoo||She has got a tattoo on her left wrist.|
Relationships & More
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sejal Kumar
- She was a scholar since her childhood, and she managed to get her name enrolled in one of the best commerce colleges in India, i.e., Sri Ram College of Commerce.
- She was good at sports and used to play basketball in her school days.
- Sejal was a professional dancer at “Danceworx” for a while.
- Kumar also actively participated in street plays in her college days.
- She wanted to become an actress since childhood and gave several auditions but could not qualify any.
- While in college, she won the ‘Miss Crossroads’ contest.
- She was selected for the pageant campus princess 2016, sub pageant of Miss Diva, where she won the titles – Miss Multimedia and Miss Rampwalk.
- At the age of 20, she stumbled upon 18-year-old Bethany Mota’s fashion lifestyle videos and got inspired to do the same.
- Sejal’s friends consider her a weirdly healthy person as she has a habit of eating only homemade food. Kumar doesn’t like eating fast food, popcorn, or fizzy drinks.
- Sejal prefers sleeping early at night and cannot stay up past 10 pm.
- As a child, she was extremely introvert. She hardly talked with any of her relatives and used to follow her mother everywhere.
- Sejal is very active on social media. She has more than 140K subscribers on YouTube, 102K followers on Instagram, and 13K likes on her Facebook page.
- In March 2017, Sejal was officially invited for the YouTube FanFest show. It is an event organised by YouTube to celebrate and promote YouTube’s biggest stars around the world.
- In 2019, Sejal was a part of UNICEF’s initiative for convention rights of the child.
- In 2020, she was chosen as the Indian ambassador for YouTube’s Creators For Change, a project centered around girls’ education in partnership with the Obama Foundation.
- During an interview, when Sejal was asked about the challenges of being a vlogger, she said, “You are your own boss; you are responsible for getting the content out.”
- Sejal has created more than 600 distinct videos until 2020.
- Her friends and family fondly call her Joy, Mani, Bhondee, and Bittoo.