Vikram is an Indian film actor who starred in a number of top-grossing Tamil films and is currently one of the reigning lead actors of Tamil cinema. Vikram was born on April 17, 1966, in Paramakudi, a town in Ramanathapuram district. His name at birth was John Kennedy Vinod Raj. When he was in school, his one and only aim was to become an actor.
Vikram Education School and Colleges
|Education Qualification||Graduate in English literature and MBA|
|School||Mountfort School, Yercaud, Salem|
|College / University||Loyola College, Chennai|
|Height in Centimeters||170 cm|
|Height in Meters||1.70 m|
|Height in Feet Inches||5′ 7”|
|Chest Size||38 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
|Biceps Size||15 inches|
Vikram debuted in the film Meera in 1990. Following its release, the film did not run well at the box office. Vikram still accepted subsequent offers he received and saw his first hit film, Sethu in 1999.
Sethu, which was released in 1999, was Vikram’s first blockbuster though he made his debut almost a decade earlier. The film grossed over Rs.50 million at the box office. Vikram’s second blockbuster Dhill came in 2001. The film grossed over Rs. 100 million at the box office. Vikram’s next blockbuster Gemini came the very next year in 2002. It grossed over Rs. 200 million at the box office.
His successful performance prompted Shankar to cast him for his high-budgeted Anniyan. Anniyan was also another top-grossing film released in 2005, for which he received a Filmfare Best Tamil Actor Award.
Some lesser known facts about Vikram
- Does Vikram smoke?: Yes
- Does Vikram drink alcohol?: Yes
- His father left his home to become an actor, but only got supporting roles instead of leading roles.
- His father’s struggle inspired him to get into acting line and hence he joined theatre plays in his college days, and even won the Best Actor award from IIT Madras.
- Because of a severe accident in his college days, his acting career was haulted for around 3 years, also during this period he met his wife Shailaja .
- He was first offered the role of Arvind Swamy in Mani Ratnam’s film Bombay, but he refused because he had to shave his beard , which he cannot do as he was doing some other film which has its requirement.
- After 10 years of struggle, he gained fame with 1999s film Sethu.
- He gave everything he had for his role in Sethu, like he shaved his head, lost 21 kgs and grew long nails.