Yash is an Indian Actor and a Singer, popular in Kannada film industry. His birth name is Naveen Kumar Gowda but, adapted his stage name Yash. He is well-known for his role as Ramachari in the Kannada film Mr and Mrs Ramachari, which was released in 2014. Let’s find out some more interesting facts about Yash and his life.
Yash was born on 8 January 1986 (age 33; as in 2019) in Bhuvanahalli, Hassan, Karnataka, India. He did his schooling from Mahajana High School, Mysore, Karnataka. Further, he joined Benaka Theatre, established by B.V. Karanth and gained formal acting skills. He made his debut with stage shows and TV serials. Yash is also known to the industry as a singer.
Yash has a well-built body measuring 42″ at chest, 32″ at waist and 14″ at biceps. He is 5’ 11”, weighs around 75 kg and has brown eyes and black hair.
- Yash was nominated for Best Actor – Kannada in Filmfare Awards South for his movies Drama (2013) and Googly (2014).
- In 2015, Yash achieved Best Actor – Kannada in Filmfare Awards South and SIIMA Awards and also Performance in a Leading Role – Kannada in IIFA – Utsavam for his blockbuster movie Mr. & Mrs Ramachari.
- In 2009, Yash won Best Supporting Actor – Kannada in Filmfare Awards South for his film Moggina Manasu.
- As a playback singer, Yash sang several songs including ‘Annthamma’ from the film- Mr and Mrs Ramachari (2014) and ‘Annange Love Aagide’ from the film- Masterpiece (2015).
- Yash surprised his fans with the news of him going to be a father through Twitter.
- Yash and Radhika Pandit played the role of brother and sister in the TV serial Nanda Gokula and became good friends.
Naveen Kumar Gowda was born on 8 January 1986
He went on to appear in several other teleserials such as Malebillu and Preeti Illada Mele
He had a small role in a 2007 film directed by Priya Hassan
In 2010, Yash starred in Modalasala which became his first commercial solo hit.
His next film of the same year, the romantic comedy Drama directed by Yograj Bhat was a commercial success
In 2017 Yash Along with his Actress Wife Radhika Pandit
founded an organization and named it as Yasho Marga Foundation
which marks their contribution towards the betterment of the
Society; As a first Step, the foundation took up the Water Crisis
issue in Koppal district of Karnataka by Reportedly investing Crores
towards the desiltation of the lakes and providing pure Drinking water to
the drought affected areas.
Yash started his acting career through TV serial Uttarayana in 2004 and further appeared in Nanda Gokula ; Preeti Illada Mele, Shiva aired in few famous Kannada channels.
In 2007; Yash made his debut in movies with a supporting role in Jambada Hudugi. In 2008, he played the lead in Moggina Manasu opposite his wife, Radhika Pandit. He also appeared in Modala Sala (2008) Kirathaka (2011), Rajadhani (2011), Drama (2011), Jaanu (2012), Lucky (2012), Rajahuli (2012) Googly [2013} Mr. & Mrs. Ramachari (2014), K.G.F: Chapter – 1 (2018) and so on. He is referred to be one of the leading actors of the Kannada film industry. Other than acting, Yash is also famous for being a playback singer.